Do you have your cats microchipped?

Destiny

I am quite shocked that it is not a legal requirement now to have your cat microchipped. All too often cats go missing or even end up being found injured or dead and if they do not have a collar and a tag, we would hope that they would be microchipped so that we could find their owners and inform them but a lot of the time, a lot of cats are not microchipped.

Are your cats microchipped?

Shortie

With Smokey we always had a collar on her with a tag but we never got her microchipped as she would always panic and get herself in a state whenever we would take her to the vet and it would make her unwell so we kept vet visits to a limit if we could. She would never venture far though and would only stay in the garden or neighbor's gardens.

Nikki

After losing a cat many years ago due to them going out and ending up getting run over and killed I have always vowed that I will always microchip my cats. The cat I lost was never microchipped and it took those who found the cat ages to find out I was the owner.

Now I always ensure any cat I have is microchipped so that if anything does happen, I can be contacted right away.

Henrywrites

I got my cat microchipped. I am not worried about them going missing, but about knowing where they are at a particular time. This is something that made me to take that decision.

Ivar

Out of fear of something going wrong with having my cats microchipped, I wouldn't do it. I would rather have it in their neck collar which I'm the only one who can open it unless it's cut. I would feel more comfortable that way. For that reason, I don't any of my cats microchipped for any reason.

Henrywrites

Out of fear of something going wrong with having my cats microchipped, I wouldn't do it. I would rather have it in their neck collar which I'm the only one who can open it unless it's cut. I would feel more comfortable that way. For that reason, I don't any of my cats microchipped for any reason.

So, if another person that wants to kidnap your cat get it cut, what will you do? Who are you going to blame? I am of the opinion that we should be very safe in everything that we plan to do too.

Stephen

Yes, all of my cats are wearing microchip tags on their collar because I wouldn't want to risk not being able to trace them easily in case something went wrong and any of them should get lost. Their collars is very comfortable, so it's not going to be discomforting for them.

Foxybananas

I've never had any of my cats microchipped. I do not allow my cats to go outdoors and we are always mindful when coming in and out of the house, to make sure they do not escape.

Ja sa bong

I've never had any of my cats microchipped. I do not allow my cats to go outdoors and we are always mindful when coming in and out of the house, to make sure they do not escape.
Wouldn't it be too worrying for you whenever you're not around should any of your cats sneak out of the house? Unless, they are not into going outside, you would probably have nothing to worry about.

Sandex

No, I would never be interested in having any of my cats microchipped because I don't like all that high level of technology being used on any of my pets. They are not always going far from home, so I don't have anything to worry about them wandering far away from home and getting lost.