Do you find that your cat kneads a lot?

Destiny

Something I have noticed with my cats is that they all tend to knead, especially when they are settling down to sleep but at least two of my cats tend to knead a lot more especially when you give them cuddles and also when you tend to play with them.

Sometimes they will even be laid on their side or their back and they will knead the air when they are laying which is something I have noticed.

How often do you find that your cats knead and do they tend to knead at times you wouldn't expect it?

Shortie

Smokey used to knead but she only did it on either our laps if she was sat on our lap or if she was laid on a blanket of hers or in her bed. She usually did it when she was about to go to sleep.

I always used to say how we weren't pin cushions when she would knead on our laps as she used to dig her claws in a little lol

Nikki

I don't think that my cats knead anymore than a cat would normally knead. I notice mine do it more so when they are getting ready to settle down to sleep but that seems to be the case with most cats.

Toni

I don't think that my cats knead anymore than a cat would normally knead. I notice mine do it more so when they are getting ready to settle down to sleep but that seems to be the case with most cats.
It's a common thing with cats that I have come across too. My cats do it whenever they are all set to sleep and my mother's cat do the same thing as well. It's why I'm never surprised whenever my cats do that.

Ivar

All of my cats tend to knead a lot. I guess it's very common for cats to do that whenever they gave worked up a high activity before they are about to sleep. It was the pattern with my cats and that's why it doesn't bother me whenever they knead.

Sandex

I would say mine knead a lot. They do it when they want to sleep and when they have jumped around too much after playing. I don't think it's anything to be worried about. It's a common thing with cats.