Do you ever find that your cat would rather drink water outside than fresh water inside?

Destiny

Something I have noticed with my cats is how they tend to prefer to drink something like rain water outside after it has rained instead of the fresh water I have given them in the house. I will give them fresh water and they will want to head outside and then you see them drinking rain water.

Have you noticed this with your cats?

Shortie

Yes! I am so thankful I have found someone else who has a cat or cats that do this. I thought it was weird at first as I would ensure that she had fresh water all the time but she would walk away from it and go out and I would see her drinking out of something where the rain water had laid.

Nikki

I do often wonder if this is a thing all cats do as I have noticed that a lot of cats seem to drink water from outside that has been left laying after it has rained. Not quite sure why though, must be something that makes them want to do it.

Destiny

I do often wonder if this is a thing all cats do as I have noticed that a lot of cats seem to drink water from outside that has been left laying after it has rained. Not quite sure why though, must be something that makes them want to do it.
It has got me curious as to why so many do it as well. I can't imagine water from outside would be very refreshing but that's me as a human saying that. Out of curiosity, I googled because would love to know and it seems it may have something to do with the chlorine in the water from the tap that they do not like and instead, they prefer to find a natural source.

Some people do collect rain water for their cats which I never knew about until now but is quite interesting.

Ja sa bong

My cats don't go out whenever it rained. They don't like being wet and once it rained, they will never come out until it's sunny again. I'm not sure if they have tasted rain water. They drink water in the house very well from my observations.

Sandex

No, I don't see my cats going more for a drink outside than drinking from the water I keep for them inside the house. I literally don't keep or have any water outside, so there's no water for them to drink outside unless they are out when it started raining.

Ragnarok

If I'm not the person that kept the water outside for them to drink, I wouldn't feel at ease with them avoiding drinking water in the house but preferring to go outside and drink water. I'm not going to feel comfortable with them doing it.