Do you buy or adopt cats?

Shortie

Whenever I get a cat, I have always gone down the route of adoption rather than buying. I feel buying promotes the breeding of cats and in most cases, many end up being left abandoned so I feel adopting is a better option.

When you get a cat, do you go down the route of adoption or do you buy?

Kennysplash

Staff member
Should I say I inherit them? All the cats I owned in the past were all given to me by my parents or family members. Zoey was given to me by my uncle. So I have not done either of the two, maybe in the future.

Ragnarok

I have all of my cats adopted. Saying to buy them doesn't even make any sense because it would be Iike buying from a breeder. There are too many strays living in shelter which needs a home to live in.

Toni

All of the cats that I am currently having right now are all adopted and it is the best way I believe it is for you to get a cat. This is because there are so many of them that are homeless which we are supposed to be looking at taking care of.

Harvey

One of my cats was given to me by my grandmother which the cat is still with me. The other two of my cats are adopted. I will also be adopting another orange cat by December this year.

Stephen

Buying cats is not the best way forward. I've always told my friends that the best thing you can do is to adopt a cat from a shelter because there are millions of them waiting to be given a home, so why would you go and buy one?

Sandex

Should I say I inherit them? All the cats I owned in the past were all given to me by my parents or family members. Zoey was given to me by my uncle. So I have not done either of the two, maybe in the future.

My grandmother gave me one of my cats and I adopted two which made them threein total. I can't see myself buying cats when I know there are so many sweet and lovely kittens in the shelter where I can pick up the one that I love.

Toni

Buying cats is not the best way forward. I've always told my friends that the best thing you can do is to adopt a cat from a shelter because there are millions of them waiting to be given a home, so why would you go and buy one?

It's a very good advice that you have given your friends because some of them might not know better. Those breeding cats without any control and also strays giving birth all over the places makes too many cats homeless.

Sarah

My cat was a gift present from my aunt. Her big cat gave birth to 6 kittens and she decided to gift me one of them. I can say that mine is an inheritance because I didn't go down to the adoption or buying route.