Did you know chocolate is poisonous to cats?

Shortie

So something I have always known since being a child was that giving a cat chocolate that we consume is very much poisonous for a cat and you should never allow them to have it.

When Smokey was around, we had to be careful about leaving anything like chocolate laying around as she would eat it if she was given the chance.

You are able to get chocolate that is made and safe for cats but I was never always able to find it.

Did you know that chocolate is poisonous for cats?

Nikki

I did know that chocolate was poisonous for cats and I do everything I can to ensure they do not get to it and potentially eat it without me realizing.

It's strange as whenever I have something like a chocolate bar or even chocolate cake, my cats seem very interested so it seems like it is something they really can not have but they do have some kind of liking to it.

Henrywrites

So something I have always known since being a child was that giving a cat chocolate that we consume is very much poisonous for a cat and you should never allow them to have it.

When Smokey was around, we had to be careful about leaving anything like chocolate laying around as she would eat it if she was given the chance.

You are able to get chocolate that is made and safe for cats but I was never always able to find it.

I took a lot of time to study about some of those things that I should give to my cats and the ones to avoid. Chocolates can mess up the life of a cat and that is something that I never for once gave them.

Destiny

I did hear that chocolate that we can eat ourselves should not be given to cats at all and you should take care to ensure that they are not able to get any kind of chocolate that we consume as it can be fatal for a cat.

I never leave anything laying around that has had chocolate in it or on it as I know how curious cats can get and I wouldn't want to risk them even getting a little.

Henrywrites

I did hear that chocolate that we can eat ourselves should not be given to cats at all and you should take care to ensure that they are not able to get any kind of chocolate that we consume as it can be fatal for a cat.

I never leave anything laying around that has had chocolate in it or on it as I know how curious cats can get and I wouldn't want to risk them even getting a little.
The severity of allowing your cats take chocolate is not been talked about much. I have seen newbies in cat keeping making the mistake and the outcome was dangerous.

Sandex

I hardly eat chocolate myself, so why would I be so keen to feed my cats the same thing I don't eat? Even if I eat chocolates, it's a complete no feeding it to my cats. My cats feed strictly on cat food. They are not even allowed to eat human food.

Ivar

Yes of course, I wouldn't feed any of my cats chocolates for any reason whatsoever. This is because I know chocolate how poisonous they are to cats.

My friend's cats kept having acute digestive problems as a result of heavy eating of chocolates he gave them last month.