Ja sa bong

I thought it was only human being that get to suffer dementia until I came across it in one article online where the OP was talking about how his cat suffered from dementia. I had to contact my vet to hear what he's got to say about cat's and dementia which he told me it have a good possibility of happening with cats too. This got me worried and sad for cats that are passing through such health issues.

Henrywrites

Cats are not just normal animals as they have some human traits such as caring and being angry. So, I am not surprised that they can suffer dementia as well.

Toni

It's usually heartbreaking for me to see any animal suffering from health challenges and when it's cats that pass through such like Dementia, it breaks my heart so much in a million pieces. It's one of the sickness associated to cat's old age and it's the same with human's too.

Ja sa bong

Cats are not just normal animals as they have some human traits such as caring and being angry. So, I am not surprised that they can suffer dementia as well.
There are some human sicknesses I would say is too much for pets like cats or even dog to suffer. Why should they pass through such illness? Our pets deserve better and it's why I take their health serious.

Henrywrites

There are some human sicknesses I would say is too much for pets like cats or even dog to suffer. Why should they pass through such illness? Our pets deserve better and it's why I take their health serious.

Left for me, I would not want my cats to fall ill, but such is life. There are a lot that are beyond your control and you have to be observant to start finding the solution as early as you can.

Sandex

I have never heard about dementia in cats before now. It truly sounds disturbing honestly that any cat will pass through such a horrible illness. It's very difficult to manage it human beings and I wonder how difficult it's going to be dealing with it in cats.

Shortie

You will be surprised at how much cats can go through that humans also go through.

When Smokey was alive, as she got older she started doing unusual things and at first, we thought she may either have or be getting dementia. The vet checked her and seemed happy and said it was just normal for her as she was getting older.

It is always wise to keep an eye on your cats though as they can go through all kinda of health issues much like humans.