Common Cat Myths That Are Not True

Altair

What are some common cat myths that are not true?

Myth 1: Cats always land on their feet
While it's true that cats have a remarkable ability to land on their feet, it's not always the case. Cats can suffer serious injuries or even death from falls, especially from high places like tall buildings. It's important to keep your cat safe and prevent them from climbing to high places where they could potentially fall.

Myth 2: Cats don't need regular veterinary checkups
This is a dangerous myth that can put your cat's health at risk. Cats need regular checkups just like dogs and other pets. They can suffer from various health problems, such as dental issues, infections, or even cancer. Getting regular checkups can help find health problems early and stop them from getting worse.

Myth 3: Cats are solitary animals and don't need attention
Cats are social animals, and they enjoy interacting with their owners and other cats. They may not need as much attention as dogs, but they still require socialization, playtime, and affection. Neglecting your cat's social needs can lead to behavioral problems and health issues.

Myth 4: Cats are low-maintenance pets
While it's true that cats are generally easier to take care of than dogs, they still require daily care and attention. You need to provide them with food, water, and a clean litter box every day. Regular grooming, playtime, and exercise are also important to keep your cat healthy and happy.

Myth 5: Cats can drink milk
While it's a common belief that cats love milk, most cats are actually lactose intolerant. Consuming milk can lead to digestive issues such as diarrhea or vomiting. It's best to stick to water or cat-specific milk alternatives.

Do you know of any other cat myths that are not true?

Destiny

Cats landing on their feet is definitely one I can't stress enough. You always hear it from so many people that cats always land on their feet. That is usually the case from a small height but from anything too high and they will most definitely not land on their feet.

Other cat myths I have heard throughout the years are

1. Black cats are unlucky - Whilst this is said so much and it's been a myth for years, black cats are just like any other cats with different colored fur and only want love and attention

2. All cats hate water - As much as most cats do not like being around water or even in water and will only drink it, I have known some cats to enjoy the water and love to swim as well.

Ja sa bong

Cats landing on their feet is definitely one I can't stress enough. You always hear it from so many people that cats always land on their feet. That is usually the case from a small height but from anything too high and they will most definitely not land on their feet.

Other cat myths I have heard throughout the years are

1. Black cats are unlucky - Whilst this is said so much and it's been a myth for years, black cats are just like any other cats with different colored fur and only want love and attention

2. All cats hate water - As much as most cats do not like being around water or even in water and will only drink it, I have known some cats to enjoy the water and love to swim as well.
I laugh when I hear people say that black cats are bad luck. They are delusional because it's a fat lie. I own a black cat and she's been full of luck.

Not all cats hate water but the right word to use is that most cats hates water because that cannot be disputed.

Henrywrites

I laugh when I hear people say that black cats are bad luck. They are delusional because it's a fat lie. I own a black cat and she's been full of luck.

Not all cats hate water but the right word to use is that most cats hates water because that cannot be disputed.

Anyone still thinking that cats hating water has something to do with any myth is just not a cat owner. You will literally pet all cats for long before they left you bath them even when it has been a long time.

Ja sa bong

Another myth is all cats hates water. This is not entirely true because there are some cats which do well with water. I've seen some swim and feel so comfortable whenever they are getting a bath.

Henrywrites

Another myth is all cats hates water. This is not entirely true because there are some cats which do well with water. I've seen some swim and feel so comfortable whenever they are getting a bath.

What breed of cat is that? I used to believe that all cats hate water and struggle to take their bathe too.

Ja sa bong

What breed of cat is that? I used to believe that all cats hate water and struggle to take their bathe too.
It's why they call it cat myths because it's the assumption most people have about cats but that's not always true.

You can watch how those two cats had a great time swimming and enjoying themselves.

Henrywrites

It's why they call it cat myths because it's the assumption most people have about cats but that's not always true.

You can watch how those two cats had a great time swimming and enjoying themselves.

I wish I can have a cat that likes swimming. Watching those cats swim gave me joy and I imagined simba and luna being in that position.

Ivar

The myth that cats are witches pisses me off every day I hear someone saying it. How can they link up innocent cats to witchcraft? How does that even work?