Cat up a tree

Nikki

I always remember when I was a kid, my mum had a cat that she took in as the first owner she had, had to let her go due to her being a bit of pain and climbing a tree that was outside her apartment. My mum took the cat in and she was a great cat but she never really got over climbing trees and when she climbed them, she would climb so far she couldn't get back down.

Anyway, we had a neighbor with a tree in their garden and of course, she decides to climb the tree and gets stuck half way. This resulted in my dad having to climb on a ladder as high as he could on the tree and get her, only she was fighting and he ended up turning to my mum and shouting "catch!" and let the cat drop, let's say my mum's arms didn't half get scratched.

Eventually, the tree was cut down and she never did it again but that was a very eventful day.

Do you have any stories of your cats climbing trees?

Destiny

I can't say I have ever had a cat that has climbed a tree to the point where it couldn't get down itself but it has been known to happen many times with so many and you always hear stories of the fire service being called out to a cat up a tree.

I hope your mum was okay though as cat scratches can be quite nasty.

Harvey

My cat got stuck in a tree once after she climbed very high. She couldn't make it back down. She was a kitten then and I'm sure that's why she was scared of making her way down. The habit of climbing trees never left her as she got older. She's a good climber now.

Ragnarok

My cat got stuck in a tree once after she climbed very high. She couldn't make it back down. She was a kitten then and I'm sure that's why she was scared of making her way down. The habit of climbing trees never left her as she got older. She's a good climber now.
This must have been a big worry for you the day it happened. If you're not a good climber too, it's going to be very difficult for you to get your cat down from such height.

How did you manage to get your cat down that very day..?

Ivar

I hope your mum was okay though as cat scratches can be quite nasty.
If you're not ready to get scratched once in a while, it's better not to keep cats because it's something that's very common with them. I've had my own fair share of getting scratches every now and then from my cats. They are my love wounds 😂 from my babies.

Harvey

This must have been a big worry for you the day it happened. If you're not a good climber too, it's going to be very difficult for you to get your cat down from such height.

How did you manage to get your cat down that very day..?

Yes, it was indeed a very big worry for me that day because it was very difficult getting her to climb down. If you tried climbing the tree, she will keep going higher. I had to remember one of her favorite treats and brought it for her. It was what made her to climb down.

Ragnarok

Yes, it was indeed a very big worry for me that day because it was very difficult getting her to climb down. If you tried climbing the tree, she will keep going higher. I had to remember one of her favorite treats and brought it for her. It was what made her to climb down.

Cats will climb just about anything. My cats jump over my room shelve. They climb my wall and also door. It's in their nature to climb. If you have a tree in your yard, they're always going to climb it.