Are your cats obsessed with food?

Ivar

The only thing which my 3 cats do I haven't been able to find a way to tame them of it is how they behave when they are around food. Once they see their food, they will turn into little monsters as they eat. They don't have eating manners in any way, they won't cool down to eat and they're never starved.

How does your cats behave with food?

Foxybananas

Luckily my 2 oldest cats eat only when they are hungry. However, my youngest, who was a rescue that was found trying to cross a highway as a kitten, will eat and steal food all day, every day if he could. There is no food or treat he doesn't like. I truly believe his food obsession has to do with the lack of food the first few weeks of his life.

Shortie

Smokey used to be obsessed with food, so much so that she would try and get extra meals from others in the house. We had to make sure that we communicated in some way so that everyone knew that she had been fed so she wasn't over fed.

Kennysplash

Staff member
I practically have to beg Zoey to even eat. The only thing she is obsessed with is rubbing her body on me. She is always composed when it comes to food.

Ragnarok

Even though my cats are obsessed with food, I try as much as possible to make sure that they don't eat more than they should because I don't appreciate having any of them becoming overweight because of eating too much.

Harvey

I practically have to beg Zoey to even eat. The only thing she is obsessed with is rubbing her body on me. She is always composed when it comes to food.

I hope that this doesn't make your cat to be losing weight because she is not eating very well as expected since you will have to even force her or beg her to eat. All of my cats are very good when it comes to eating as the usually show signs that they are hungry and I'll feed them immediately.