Are your cats afraid of vacuum cleaners?

Destiny

Out of all my cats, only one of them is afraid of the vacuum cleaner. The minute I get it out to vacuum the floors they run and hide but the others do not seem to be phased by it at all. I have tried to reassure her that it's fine and will not hurt her but she will not have any of it.

Are any of your cats afraid of the vacuum cleaner?

Shortie

Smokey used to be afraid of the vacuum cleaner when she was younger but the more I used it around her and the more she realized it wasn't going to hurt he, she got used to it and it never seemed to phase her anymore.

I feel all cats will be scared of something like a vacuum cleaner from the start and it's about getting them to understand it's not going to hurt them, once they know that they tend to feel better about it and it no longer bothers them.

Nikki

One of my cats is still very much afraid of the vacuum cleaner no matter how much we try to reassure her that it's fine and it will not hurt her. We have found that keeping her in a room away from the vacuum cleaner when we use it helps her as she can get nervous when we use it and it does make her anxious.

Henrywrites

Out of all my cats, only one of them is afraid of the vacuum cleaner. The minute I get it out to vacuum the floors they run and hide but the others do not seem to be phased by it at all. I have tried to reassure her that it's fine and will not hurt her but she will not have any of it.

Are any of your cats afraid of the vacuum cleaner?
My cat is never afraid of the vacuum cleaner. What you will have to do is to let the only one that doesn't seem bothered to just relax and hide as she wants. Her fear level is still high right now.

Ivar

The first time my cats heard the sound of vaccum cleaners, it wasn't a comfortable sound for them. They were filled with anxiety. They are ran away from the living room. But when they have seen me using it often do clean the house, they got used to it. They are no longer afraid of it or the sound.

Henrywrites

The first time my cats heard the sound of vaccum cleaners, it wasn't a comfortable sound for them. They were filled with anxiety. They are ran away from the living room. But when they have seen me using it often do clean the house, they got used to it. They are no longer afraid of it or the sound.

It will take time for cats to get used to things used in the house. I don't blame them a single bit for being scared in the first instance.

Ja sa bong

My cats are very Inquisitive, they weren't afraid of vaccum cleaners the day I used it first. They were all over it to explore and find out more about it. I was surprised 🤨 because cats are supposed to be afraid of what they are not familiar with but not my cats.

Harvey

My cats doesn't go anywhere near my vaccum cleaners. The noise the vaccum cleaners always makes them run away. I have tried to make them get used to the noise but they are not having it, so I stopped trying.

Ragnarok

My cats are not afraid of my vaccum cleaners. They even like playing with it whenever it's on. They think it's a play thing until the day it caught one of them by the tail 😂.

Sandex

My cats are also afraid of the vacuum cleaner because of the sound it makes. I used it to play with them like trying to chase them around the house whenever I'm in the mood for running.