Would you allow a cat to fall pregnant once?

Shortie

So some people tend to get cats and they will allow them to fall pregnant once and then not allow them to again.

When we had Smokey I wouldn't allow her to get pregnant as my kids were quite young then and I worried about the kids being around with the kittens.

Would you allow a cat to get pregnant ones and have kittens?

Foxybananas

There is no need for me to ever allow a cat to get pregnant so she may have kittens when there are shelters full of kittens and cats in need of loving homes.

Ivar

This is something that's going to be up for my consideration if I had a female cat but that's not the case as I only have male cats. But even if I did had a female cat, it's going to be very difficult for me to allow her get pregnant.

Destiny

I am always hearing about kittens that have been left abandoned because they were not wanted and ended up in a shelter. So many come into these shelters all the time that are just looking for a loving home.

I am against letting any female cat that I have getting pregnant as I know that I could instead rehome a kitten that needs a loving home.

Henrywrites

I don't see anything wrong with letting your cat get pregnant. I have plans underway with simba getting pregnant. It is going to be when I have a long vacation.

Toni

I don't see anything wrong with letting your cat get pregnant. I have plans underway with simba getting pregnant. It is going to be when I have a long vacation.
I was actually thinking Simba was a male cat 😂.. Silly me with my assumption because of Simba in the animation The Lion King, I felt Simba was a male cat. But honestly, it's a name befitting for a male cat.

Henrywrites

I was actually thinking Simba was a male cat 😂.. Silly me with my assumption because of Simba in the animation The Lion King, I felt Simba was a male cat. But honestly, it's a name befitting for a male cat.

I understand the confusion. She was named Simba because of her bravery and always acting like the male cat. Over here, cats are named by how they behave irrespective of what we think the name should be.

Sandex

There is no need for me to ever allow a cat to get pregnant so she may have kittens when there are shelters full of kittens and cats in need of loving homes.
I support your disposition on this one. There are so many homeless cats that are filled in so much cat's shelters. They deserve to be given a chance to enjoy the warm comfort of homes and not live out the rest of their lives in the shelter.

Henrywrites

I support your disposition on this one. There are so many homeless cats that are filled in so much cat's shelters. They deserve to be given a chance to enjoy the warm comfort of homes and not live out the rest of their lives in the shelter.

This is another point to it. A lot of kittens need a home and letting your cat breed new ones will mean being inconsiderate to those ones that need a home. It is better to have those other ones being adopted than going through the stress of letting your cat get pregnant.

Stephen

Yes, I have already done it once with my cat. She gave birth to 4 kittens and that was the last time I allowed her to get pregnant as I don't want her to be exposed to the dangers of constantly being pregnant.