When did you get your first cat?

Toni

At what age did you get this own? Were you still a kid or a teenager or an adult when you got yourself a cat pet?

I got my first cat when I was 8 years old. She was a gift from my grandmother. She's late now (my grandmother) but my cat is still with me. Her name is Sally.

Ragnarok

If I remembered correctly, it should be when I was 12 or 13 years old that I got my first. I had her for a while until she died of heart cancer. It was a very painful experience for me.

Ivar

I used to move a lot some years ago and it made it practically difficult to get and keep any pet cat. This is because I would be forced to leave the cat in the care of another while paying for his upkeep.

It's 3 years ago that I got my cat. I have more free time to take care of him now and it's why I moved to get him.

Shortie

I was an adult when I finally got my own pet cat. It was in 2010 and my brother had a cat that had kittens, he asked me if I wanted to take one as a pet and that was when we got Smokey. She lived from 29th May 2010 - July 4th, 2022, and was an amazing cat, unfortunately, she had heart issues and a heart murmur and that was what took her in the end.

Stephen

I equally got my first cat as an adult too. I was 21 years when I got him from a shelter because he was a stray. My job at the vet store took me to a shelter and that's how I meet my cat. I feel in love with him immediately after seeing him and that's how I adopted him.

Harvey

I got my cat 9 years ago when he was still a kitten. He's been with me ever since then till now and I have come to love him so much. It's a shame that cat's life span isn't as long as human beings because from what I learnt, they are expected to live up to 14 years. I'm going to miss him so much when the time comes for him to go as a result of old age.

Nikki

I got my first cat when I first moved into my own place. Once I was settled and had everything I needed I chose to get my first cat as I feel that a cat makes a home.

Unfortunately, the first cat that I got myself is no longer with us as it passed from old age and is no longer with us.

Ja sa bong

Unfortunately, the first cat that I got myself is no longer with us as it passed from old age and is no longer with us.
It's painful whenever you lose your cat. No matter how old they get, you will miss them so much. I've had the experience once and it hurt me so much.

I got my first as a teenager living with my parents. I took her with me when I left home and got my own apartment.

Henrywrites

At what age did you get this own? Were you still a kid or a teenager or an adult when you got yourself a cat pet?

I got my first cat when I was 8 years old. She was a gift from my grandmother. She's late now (my grandmother) but my cat is still with me. Her name is Sally.
I was above 20 when I got my first cat. It was as a result of my little niece loving cats scenes in movies. So, I felt it is necessary that I get one cat for her and to keep the home lively too.

Ja sa bong

I was above 20 when I got my first cat. It was as a result of my little niece loving cats scenes in movies. So, I felt it is necessary that I get one cat for her and to keep the home lively too.
The good thing about when you got your own first cat was you know how to take care of your cat very well at the age of 20. By that age, you must have been working and making money to cater for your cat as it should be.

Henrywrites

The good thing about when you got your own first cat was you know how to take care of your cat very well at the age of 20. By that age, you must have been working and making money to cater for your cat as it should be.

You are right. I was ready physically and mentally to take care of my cats when I had them. I was excited and happy and they had a good beginning from the word go!

Ja sa bong

You are right. I was ready physically and mentally to take care of my cats when I had them. I was excited and happy and they had a good beginning from the word go!
It's going to have empathy and emotional connection with your pet. It's the only way to look out for them always even if it means inconveniencing yourself for their own good and comfortability.