Teaching a dog tricks

Nikki

Many of us are on this forum because we have cats but some of us may also have either owned a dog or may own a dog as well as a cat. We know that dogs are great for teaching them tricks but it can be time-consuming to do so and every dog is different and learns at a different pace.

If you have a dog or have had a dog, how easy did you find it to teach them tricks?

Destiny

I have not taught dog tricks myself but I have friends that have brought up dogs from a puppy and have taught them tricks from a young age. They are now really good with the tricks they were taught and it is amazing to see them do the tricks when asked.

I one day would love to get a dog myself and be able to teach it tricks.

Henrywrites

My grandma once had a dog that she adopted because the dog was straying. Teaching the dog tricks wasn't difficult for her, maybe because she has always had dogs in the past. I never got along with the dog though.

Toni

When it comes to the pets that are very easy for you to teach any kind of instruction and pattern of behaviour of your choice, it is going to be dogs because they have a very smart sense of learning especially when you are consistent and persistent with your teaching. I find it very easy to teach my dogs whatever I want you to do them unlike any other pet.

Ragnarok

I always find it very easy to teach my dogs any a kind of tricks that I want to teach them. They are very intelligent animal because they easily learn whatever I want to teach them.

This makes it very easy for us to do get along all the time while enjoying the company that we provide for each other.

Sandex

I have a dog together with my 3 cats. I've been able to teach him some cool tricks and he's a loyal boy. He knows how to make his bed when he wakes up and he takes his feeding pot away when he's done eating.

Foxybananas

I have a dog together with my 3 cats. I've been able to teach him some cool tricks and he's a loyal boy. He knows how to make his bed when he wakes up and he takes his feeding pot away when he's done eating.
What?? OMG, that is one considerate dog. I hope you reward him with lots of rubs and kisses! Such a good boy!