Let's Share Some Purrfect Cat Name Ideas

Altair

If you're a new cat owner or just looking to add another furry friend to your family, one of the first things you'll need to do is come up with a name for your cat. There are countless cat name options out there, so it can be overwhelming to choose just one. In this thread, let's share some cat name ideas to help inspire each other!
Here are a few of my favorite cat name ideas to get us started:
  1. Callie - Callie" is a shortened version of the name "Calliope," which is a Greek name meaning "beautiful voice" or "muse of epic poetry.
  2. Luna - this name means "moon" in Spanish and is perfect for a cat with a calm and mysterious personality.
  3. Simba - inspired by the Lion King, this name is great for a brave and adventurous cat.
  4. Whiskers - a classic cat name that is perfect for a fluffy cat with long whiskers.
  5. Socks - a playful name for a cat with unique markings on their paws.
  6. Salem - inspired by the talking black cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, this name is perfect for a black cat with a sassy attitude.
What are some of your favorite cat name ideas? Let's share and help each other out in naming our feline friends!

Shortie

Throughout the years of having cats not only myself but also family pets when I was younger and living at home, we used quite a few names for them.

The first cat we ever had was a male cat and my mum named him TC which is short for Tom Cat

Another cat we had that was pure black and we called Sooty as his colors were like what you would see from soot.

The cat we had that passed just last year was called Smokey based on her grey and white colors.

Other names I can think of for a cat are

Snowball for a pure white cat
Smudge is another for a cat that may have spots of different color on their fur
Oreo for a black and white or even a dark brown and white cat

Those are ones I can think of at the moment that are unique and fun names for cats.

Henrywrites

@Henrywrites named his cat Simba but to my greatest surprise his cat was a female. I was thinking Simba was a name best suited for a male cat and not female cat @Altair ?

Simba behaves more like a male cat instead of a female. I knew the name suits a male cat, but picked it because of the traits that she has.