Have you had a cat that could open a door?

Shortie

Of all the cats either we had when I was a kid or that I have owned since I grew up, I can never remember a time where any of the cats were able to open a door and they always waited for someone to open the door for them.

I have seen many videos in the past of cats that have been able to open doors themselves instead of waiting for someone to open the door so I know it is possible but not ever cat does it.

Have you had a cat that could open a door?

Nikki

As much as I would love to experience my cats opening a door in the home themselves instead of sitting for ages waiting patiently for me to realize they want the door open, it has not happened as of yet.

I secretly keep hoping they will learn one day and go for it, maybe one day it will happen, until then they will sit in silence patiently waiting for me to notice lol

Harvey

Unfortunately, it's not something that my cats can do because my door handle is a little higher which makes it almost impossible for them to be able to open the door. I have seen one of them jump to open it but wasn't successful.

Destiny

As much as I would have loved to see my cats be able to open a door themselves it is not something they have been successful at. They often look at the door handle so they are aware of how the door opens, just not how to get it open themselves.

Henrywrites

Simba has done this successfully once and never did again. I don't know what could be the reason, but she is brave and has learned a lot of the other things that I taught her.

Ja sa bong

Cats can jump and do things you don't expect them. It's not so difficult unless the door is stuck for them to open it. It's very easy for my cat to open any door in my house.

Ivar

All of the doors in my house are jam lock. It's impossible for my cats to open any of the doors because of the kind of lock they come with. I like it that way because I won't have to worry about my cats opening the door and going outside while I'm not aware.

Ragnarok

My cats prefer to sneak in through the door if they see any small space opening. They don't have the power to open a door but if it's for my dogs, they are very capable of opening the door and going out when they want.