Have you ever experienced your cat being really scared?

Shortie

So something that I never really noticed until Smokey was a lot older is how she reacted when she was scared. I can't remember what it was that scared her but I remember her fur becoming all spiked and her tail puffing up and becoming really thick.

Have you experienced your cat being really scared?

Nikki

I have noticed this. It wasn't so much with my cats but with other cats around the area. One cat got into a fight with another and one of the cat's fur spiked up and the tail got all puffy. It was the first time I had seen a cat get like that and it was quite strange to see.

Destiny

I have experienced this. It's really weird to see as it is not something I see often with my cats and it is something you notice pretty easily when it happens.

It's quite weird to see it when your cat's tail is not naturally fluffy.

Ragnarok

Yeah, and it's thunderstorms. All my cats freak out in a way that gives me serious worries whenever there's a thunderstorm. It makes me wonder how they are going to fare if I'm not home and it starts bolting thunderstorms.

Henrywrites

I have noticed this. It wasn't so much with my cats but with other cats around the area. One cat got into a fight with another and one of the cat's fur spiked up and the tail got all puffy. It was the first time I had seen a cat get like that and it was quite strange to see.

Cats can fight dirty too and this is something some of the people that own a cat don't know. You need to realize that and plan on how to always make your cat be in a good mood.

Ja sa bong

It's a common thing with some cats that are aggressive in nature. I'm sure you see it in other animals like chickens and turkey. Whenever they want to fight, their feathers blow up in the neck especially for chickens while it goes for the whole body for turkey.

Stephen

Kittens used to display this kind of behaviour and you can't blame them for doing so because they are vulnerable at that stage. Once they are grown, they hardly get scared of anything. I can't remember when I saw my cat being afraid of anything.

Sandex

I've never had this kind of experience with any of my cats because I always make sure to take very good care of them and provide anything that is going to make their living in my house very comfortable without being afraid of anything.