Do your cats wake you up in the morning?

Destiny

Cats have been known to be early risers and they can usually be awake way before their owners. Some cats are patient when it comes to waiting for their owner to wake up but others tend to be a little impatient, especially if they are hungry.

Do your cats wake you up in the morning? How do they usually wake you?

Shortie

When I had Smokey, there was one time that I was asleep and I woke to the sound of sniffing, knew it was Smokey but what I didn't realize was just how close to me she was. I opened my eyes and she had her face right close to mine, is startled me for a second.

Other times she would wake me by rubbing around my head or even better, sitting on my head. If she was up, I had to be up LOL

Nikki

Both cats have a habit of waking me up each morning at dead on 6 am without fail. There is only a handful of times that they may sleep in themselves a little longer in which case I get a lay-in as well but it's not as often as I would have liked.

Henrywrites

Mine does so at 5:30am when I should be enjoying my sleep. It has made me to start sleeping earlier so that I will be half wake when she climbs my bed.

Destiny

Mine does so at 5:30am when I should be enjoying my sleep. It has made me to start sleeping earlier so that I will be half wake when she climbs my bed.
I always find that it varies on the time of year which will depend on what time they wake me. Usually, when they start to see the daylight they want to be up and you have to be up as well. It's worse when we are in the summer months as it can get light as early as 4am.

Shortie

I always find that it varies on the time of year which will depend on what time they wake me. Usually, when they start to see the daylight they want to be up and you have to be up as well. It's worse when we are in the summer months as it can get light as early as 4am.
This I can believe. Smokey would always stay asleep during the winter months until a lot later and I would often wake before her. As soon as the lighter mornings started she would be up before me and as you say, sometimes that can be as early as 4 am, never fun to be woken at that time.

A lot of the time it was just for food and then I would go back to bed if she allowed it.

Stephen

No matter how much I try to wake up before my cats, they always beat me to it. Sometimes when they are in a good mood, they will allow me to sleep more ams wake up on my own. But most of the time, they jump on me and wake me up. I love them anyways.

Foxybananas

All the time! 3x a week I get up at 6:40am to get ready to go to work, so these days they get fed at 6:45am.. but every other day I dont have a specific time to get up, but at 6:30am they are all in high alert, walking back and forth, back and forth waiting for 6:40am, and when my alarm doesn't go off, then they take over and start meowing and meowing and my Professor X, starts licking me which eventually leads to bites!.. ugh Cats!

Ja sa bong

All the time! 3x a week I get up at 6:40am to get ready to go to work, so these days they get fed at 6:45am.. but every other day I dont have a specific time to get up, but at 6:30am they are all in high alert, walking back and forth, back and forth waiting for 6:40am, and when my alarm doesn't go off, then they take over and start meowing and meowing and my Professor X, starts licking me which eventually leads to bites!.. ugh Cats!
Professor X might have been thinking you're trying to fake sleeping and he knows a bite would wake get you up or stop you from pretending in his mind. Which one would you like to have him use to wake you up, a bite or a scratch?

Henrywrites

Professor X might have been thinking you're trying to fake sleeping and he knows a bite would wake get you up or stop you from pretending in his mind. Which one would you like to have him use to wake you up, a bite or a scratch?

Hahahahaha! They observe well and always very good with it. That is why I don't even bother trying to fake sleep when it is morning else they will start jumping round my bed.

Ivar

My cats are early birds, they are even always up before me in the morning. I've tried to beat them at waking up in the morning but it's never been possible for me. Although, they sleep more in the afternoon than I do.

Toni

The only time my cats are going to wake me up in the morning is when I have been oversleeping and it's time for them to have their breakfast. They will simply drop on me and I would have to wake up and attend to them.

Harvey

There are some days when my cats decides to wake me up in the morning and some days when they don't even bother about me whenever I'm still sleeping in the morning. I think it's all about the mood they have that particular morning when they wake up.